Click below to view this site using some new reading style

** Classic | Flipcard | Magazine | Mosaic | Sidebar | Snapshot | Timeslide **

My Kolkata Journey .. Part 1 ……

7:18 PM Edit This 0 Comments »

The Beginning of A Nightmare …

 

Hey friends. Long time after we r meeting here. I know I always apologies in the beginning of my every blog and forgot in the end but what to do as life become so fast and restless for me that I can’t go on sequentially. Well it is said that danger comes in full circle. In addition, I realized that. I don’t know whether it’s for my fate or my life's ruthless saga that continues like an epic tragedy...

It first discovered in 11th July that my dad's left leg is not doing well. It lost it consciousness. It is paining. My dad starting to have difficulties to move it. Then rapidly in 12th, it increases. We visited doc Dr.S.Chatterjee at 13th and he gave medicines and referred to a neurologist.bt from 13th his entire left side started to refuse to respond.14th the whole matter goes out of control as my father's completely left part paralyzed. We consulted the referred neurologist Dr. P.K.Saha. He saw my father and told us that he is detecting two things but to make sure of that he has to see three test’s results. Those r very expensive and only happens in Kolkata. We become very worried for that. Another reason is that we do not have any money left since we came from Chennai. The kidney stone lithotripsy at Apollo alone costs over 90 thousands. In addition, after unsuccessful operation they refused to refund us the money.

Anyways we contacted our other family members and told them about the situation but the condition of my father gets worsen hour by hour. Arranging the money and all other things, we wasted 1 day and finally at 16th morning he was taken to Kolkata by ambulance. In Kolkata my mother’s father’s brother’s wife and their four daughter lives who are married now. Moreover, one another daughter lives at California. Among them, one daughter is a doctor and married to another doctor and their daughter is a doctor. So we consulted my that aunty. She first took my father to Peerless Hospitex [the worst hospital in west Bengal & India … but we do not have any choice] where Dr.Tapash K Banerjee saw my father who told first that my father might have been suffering from brain problem. He advised a MRI of full brain at AMRI hospitals.

That MRI costs 7000 INR and after that they [mom ,my two uncle, my dr aunty ,my aunty ,two friends of my both uncle] took dad to the best nuro-surgeon of Kolkata Dr.M.Bhattacharya and admitted my father to Park Clinic which is just besides Gorky Sadan in Camac Street of Kolkata.

In the mean time I m having my exams. My exams r going worst as I spend my days looking after my dad and the whole family. I was doing all the works which r not supposed to be done by me but this time I learned a lot and proved myself responsible enough to be trusted at times.

All the time I have to pull push and lift my father as he is unable to move or do anything. To give his all the things he wanted. To go to the bazaar, to give him foot massage as he is having enormous pain in his legs.bt the biggest challenge is to lift him because he is not any aged person. He has enough body weight. Moreover, he released all his body for that his body becomes heavier to lift but though I lifted him and managed him. Thanks for my muscles.bt though they became useless when he just fall on bathroom. We forbade him not to potty their but he became too restless to hear our voice. He became arrogant. His mental imbalancement became evident to us. He started mumbling, forgetting, and repeating things. We were so broke to see this and thinking that the only pillar of this family becomes mad.

However, after going to Kolkata he is admitted as I told u before. The doctor see him and told that he is having nuro thrombosis in because of having blood clots or hematoma in his left brain for that he is paralyzed. The doctor has given the immediate date for operation at 17th but as in the 17th morning my mom unknowingly gave him his regular morning medicine Ecospirin the operation postponed to the further date when the effect of the medicine is gone.

Ecospirin is the main drug of heart patients. What is does is that it thins the blood so that it can’t make clots in veins and cant cause heart attack or stroke. Now my mom doest knows this. That intake of this medicine prevents blood to clot and thus during and after surgery the blood cannot be stopped and this CAN cause death at the table.

In the mean time, I was having my second sem math exam of WBUT. Math is the subject which I hated since my HS [12th].I hate it very much. For my hatred, I never get able to learn it. I m dull in this subject. The day they go to Kolkata is the day I was supposes to PASS on math.bt for these terrible incidents that I cannot concentrate my studies .Others are well revised by me but moths is the worst subject for me. The question was obviously hard. In addition, harder for the low knowledgeable students like me.bt in exam hall it seems impossible for me to crack. Thankfully my dear friend Raj shows me all his answered and I copied it blindly I do not know I m going to pass or fail in the maths but at least I was satisfied that yes I have not submitted a blank copy. I hope that some answers were right

When my last exam of HU is done, I called my mom. I regularly call my mom at the average interval of 1hour.because I love my family and in this situation I m stuck in the city for my DAMNED exam. I sometimes get angry and try to quit the exam and go to Kolkata.bt thankfully my friends do not let me do this.

Anyways when I called my mom she told me that doctor fixed the date of operation at 19th 10 A.M .I immediately decided to go Kolkata on my own that day but my mom told me not to do this and my uncle took me to Kolkata by train on 19th.i reached there at 10:30 am when the operation just started and after it finishes successfully at 11:15 am. We all took our breath happily.

AT LAST the dark time has ended.

To be continued in 2nd part ….

0 comments: