Click below to view this site using some new reading style

** Classic | Flipcard | Magazine | Mosaic | Sidebar | Snapshot | Timeslide **

My Kolkata Journey …. Part 2

4:03 PM Edit This 0 Comments »

Continued from part 1..

The operation happens nicely.the doctor is very happy to do the operation as it was successful in one hit.when he was done with my father’s surgery my aunty called the doc and asked him abt the patient’s condition.when the OT overs i & my uncle [father’s brother] goes up to Intensive Therauptic Unit [ITU]to sneak peak on my dad.there the guard incharge let us enter the ITU and see him.my uncle took a alot of time that i hardly get a minute there because the security guard have the strict timing instructions from his higher authority that no patient party should see any patient more than the allotted time they are given. Then we come down to the nursing home’s lobby where my other relatives and mom is.we told them that there is a possibility to see my father.they all rushed up to the 5th floor where ITU is.

I saw my father unconscious like this for the first time in my life.i have never seen him like that.surrounded with life guard machineries.oxygen is running.heart monitor is on.nurses and RMO is on high alert and there are also some patients having similer operation like my father.my father is moving his limbs.slowly.and seems like hanging between consciousness and unconsciousness.trying to put off the oxygen mask again & again.we told nurse to tie up his hands.bt in afternoon in the ITU when we all visited him he identifies me and asked hw i reached Kolkata and with whom i came?

In the next day in afternoon he is shifted to his AC male ward bed number 340.in 3rd floor.a nurse is appointed to him named Karuna for the day time duty and for night there is also one nurse Minati.nurses do the duty in 12hours shift.they are careful helpful calm nice young ladies who helps every patients bt they have to be paid separately.

The nursing home is very good.the Neonatal unit is very good.actually it is the speciality of the nursing home to have a fully functional state of the art neonatal care unit and nuro curgery center.it has name in Kolkata.many famous doctors visit here.it is also one of the cheapest nursing home in town but it is not cheap in service.but ya it is indeed india.we shouldn’t xpect any foreign country like service here but yes peoples from Bangladesh Bhutan Nepal Burma Pakistan & African countries come to india in hope of bnetter treatment but i didn’t seen any foreigner there though.

The food is good of the nursing home.my father spoke of it many times.the gurds r good and the administration is strict.i saw one day higher authority scolding the nurses for some of their faults.

In the other hand when my father is being operated i continuously trued to call Argha bt did nt find him on phone later i discovered that he was in orkut chatting with friends and i told her to go to collg to manage some money from the collg management he told me that management would not bliv in their words bt i told him to atleast try.BUT to my amazement ,HE DIDNT.

I felt very lonely there.no net.no nothing.no frnds is calling me ,enquiring abt me.i realised that they don’t care for me and i don’t have any TRUE FRIENDS.bt moumita called many times.to tell the truth i didn’t expected her to call bt when she called to me i felt that there is som1 who cares.because i was completely helpless at that time.monideepa called bt for a veery short time.and i dnt know why she didn’t call like what she used to do early.maybe its my bad luck because if she tries to call her tower went down or her balance goes off.bt i don’t know why maybe i think too much bt i hav felt & keep feeling something unusual.saumya ,my long time frnd also disappointed me many times.

Apart from my request for money i told my frnds to join the tution and don’t wait for me as i was not sure how much time it will gonna take to cure my father.but they didn’t cared for that too and they r nt caring abt that also.

Everyday we ,me and my mom have to walk for 15 minutes to reach to the bus stand of Jodhpur park post office and from there we have to take bus.now in Kolkata it is very difficult to catch a bus.they r speedy, dnt give time ,does accidents ,over crowded ,and people cant be sure if not the resident of that area to identify the bus so everytime we have to ask the hanging conductor for the route and after taking bus and getting pressed by the crowd we finally reach camac street where the nursing home is.it maybe a crowded journey of 35 minutes every time bt its quite enjoyful for me.

Continued in 3rd part ...

0 comments: